Thursday, October 21, 2010

Okay, okay...I'll Stop Making Promises

Every time I make an entry for this blog I always promise to keep it updated.  Well, that just isn't working so we'll see if I don't make a promise this time to update quicker then maybe I will actually update it! :)

Anyway, I have been contemplating my writing, my stories and such for the past month.  Why?  Well, of course I need to outline, edit, rewrite a whole bunch of stuff in them and really create the mood and the story.

But also with that, I have been thinking a lot about National Novel Writing Month.  It's 10 days away from beginning and usually I already have a story to go with and the idea written down with a basic outline and characters all mapped out.  This year, that isn't happening at all.

Although, this year is different.  I have decided that maybe I'll try my hand at a horror story.  Maybe also making it a Dystopian genre because that is the genre these days.  Vampires, unless already established through the Twilight age, is pretty much done.  Gone.  But with The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins just finished up and a new much awaited book to be released, Matched by Ally Condie, and also with reading the Uglies series, I think Dystopian is the way to go right now.  And with how the economy in the country right now and throughout the world is tanking, picking up, tanking again, and the flow goes forever, I believe that these books in this genre either give people a void in their emotions, a gift of hope that things will turn out okay, or even a feeling of dread that this may be the way the world turns out to be in the next ten, twenty, hundred years.

Well, now it's time for me to figure out a good plot line with interesting characters, and figure out how my society is going to work out if I am to try out this new genre that is making a huge hit.

Good luck and Ciao for now.

And I am NOT promising to update any time soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment