Monday, June 23, 2008

Work.

The air is stale. No one has moved through the office for a while now. My head is beginning to feel like it’s been run over by a truck. My eyes keep watching thoroughly for any movement to come about in the area, but all they register are the fluorescent lights above glowing menacingly as the minutes tick on for the day.
Any office atmosphere may usually be quiet if it is a doctor’s office or a dentist’s office. However, since school let out, the silence in this office is awkward and unusual. There happen to be some people coming in and out, working on their schedules or sitting on the cool maroon leather couches waiting for their turn. Still, the unbearable feel of nothing sits in the back of my brain as the front of my head just pounds endlessly. I take a sip of the water from the bottle on my desk in hopes that it will help the aches going on throughout my mind. Only a quarter of the lunch I had still sits in its plastic container cooling down after not taking a bite for minutes. Yes, the phone will occasionally ring, and students will trail through, but it’s been silent for the longest period of all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment